Using my knowledge of best practices in NASA’s Educational Strategic Framework, our annual performance goals for Program Performance Measures, STEM-based pedagogy and teaching strategies, I developed and taught hundreds of programs for stakeholders, government offices, formal and informal education providers, national and state organizations, colleges, universities, schools and Minority-Serving Institutions.
MINORITY UNIVERSITY RESEARCH & EDUCATION PROJECT
Planned and taught workshops for:
• MUST - Motivating Undergraduates in Science and Technology Project
• SEMAA - Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Aerospace Academy
• Fostered relationships with HBCU's, HSI's & TCU's.
ONE-NASA EDUCATION AND VISITOR COMPLEX PARTNERSHIP
Using congressionally allocated funds, I helped draft and review logic models for the development of exhibits and activities at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame. This included project abstracts, funding narratives and solicitations, requests for proposals, sole source agreements and space act agreements. Once awarded, I helped in the development, implementation, fund management and project planning for:
• Science on a Sphere exhibit
• RoboThespian exhibit
• Brevard Space Week
• NASA Space Camp
• Overnight Adventures
• BLAST - Brevard Learns About Science & Technology
• Challenger Learning Centers Support
CP4SMP - Competitive Program for Science Museums & Planetariums Team
• Assisted managing a multi-year, cross-curricular, standards-based competitive design challenge called WLMR (Waste Limitation Management and Recycling Challenge). This includes all aspects of initial proposal, fund solicitation, developing educator guides, promotion materials, tracking finances, transportation logistics, developing judging criteria, video support and more.
• Assisted in the development and review of NASA's Rockets Educator Guide, incorporating cooperative learning, problem solving, critical thinking and hands-on activities aligned with national and state standards of education.
Developed STEM events and opportunities to underserved and underrepresented students, using strategic planning, task delegation and fund management. Locations included:
• U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas & St. Croix schools, U.S.V.I University, Boy Scouts and Boys & Girls Club)
• National After School Conference
• Florida Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference
• Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida science centers
• Florida After School Conference
• Miami Science Center tour
• Central Florida Boy Scout anniversary
• Joliet, Illinois Library event
• Merritt Island Library event
• Palm Bay Library event
• Orlando Science Center Astronomy Day
• Panama City Science Week
NATIONAL MONUMENT LANDMARK PLACEMENT
Served as an education consultant for the National Monument Landmark Placement of the Atlantis space shuttle orbiter, including providing detailed suggestions regarding facility layout, target audience involvement and outreach potential.
I helped develop, review and distribute STEM lesson plans, activities, posters, materials, informational and brochures including:
• NASA’s Rocket Educator Guide
• WLMR Educator Guide
• You've Been Sentenced game
• Launch Services Program Educational Guides
• Multiple STEM-Based lesson plans
Produced and hosted multiple video projects and live webcasts for NASA missions. I generated story concepts, wrote scripts, presented storyboards, selected and scheduled guests, prepared shot sheets, talking points, coordinated facility access, secured proper badges, developed graphics and completed metric reports.
Developed and taught hundreds of STEM-themed workshops for In-Service and Pre-Service teachers, teaching complex technical and scientific content, agency history, current missions and opportunities. I designed formative and summative assessments, assessed goals and evaluated success. Workshops included:
• U.S. Space & Rocket Center event
• NASA's Aerospace Education Services Project
• NASA Regional Educator Resource Centers
• Folklife Festival
• Space Weeks for Brevard, Volusia & Orange Counties.
Developed and maintained a multipage NASA website by creating, editing and uploading content, as well as writing feature articles, press releases, photography and email blasts.
Updated our Office of Education Performance Measures with post-event analysis using written and chart-based reports. I analyzed and interpreted data and evaluated the effectiveness of agency communication plans used during events. This includes developing and collecting survey reports, monitoring media responses, and advising management of strategies for improvement.
• Coordinated and implemented multiple events and projects through detailed planning, logistics, scheduling, multimedia support, public speaking and project reporting.
• Developed and maintained a NASA website by creating, editing and uploading content, as well as writing feature articles and creating press releases. www.nasa.gov/lspeducation
• Coordinated the production of, or host, video projects and webcasts for NASA missions and promotional / educational videos. (Script development, storyboarding, scheduling, etc.)
• Presented at hundreds of high profile events and national conferences on behalf of the agency, including international travel to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
• Allocated congressional funds earmarked for the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, I supported development, implementation and fund management for numerous exhibits and events including: Science on a Sphere • RoboThespian • Brevard Space Week • Space Camp • Overnight Adventures • BLAST, etc.
• Coordinated and conducted several events associated with government, corporate and private entities including The Department of State, Walt Disney World, Busch Gardens, General Electric, Google, Little League World Series, Girl Scouts of the USA and countless universities, schools, science centers and museums.
• Developed and coordinated outreach media projects including photo ops with NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden, webcasts with Space Shuttle Astronauts Bob Springer, John Young, Bob Cabana and live downlinks with the International Space Station Crew.
• Supported United States Congressional events involving high profile VIPs such as U.S. Representatives Gabrielle Giffords, Former Rep. Alan Grayson, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and current Florida Governor Charlie Crist.
• Coordinated and conducted official VIP visits and tours that required logistics, transportation, and facility access and security clearance.
• Maximized allocated office funds via material purchases, transportation, shipping and venue agreements.
• Drafted and reviewed project abstracts, requests for proposals, sole source agreements, etc.
• Assisted with the development of promotional materials including educational posters, brochures, etc.
• Assisted with the management and implementation of a 2-year NASA educational competition including initial design, marketing, transportation, reporting, judging, etc.
• Developed, reviewed and distributed posters, materials, informational brochures, etc. (NASA Rocket Educator Guide, WLMR Educator Guide, You’ve Been Sentenced game, etc)